Become a Member
As a stakeholder in the housing industry you are directly impacted by zoning and land use legislature.
You’re a busy housing industry professional looking to grow your bottom line with out the headache of government regulation. HBAV is your primary resource for effecting legislative change in order to nurture a healthy industry.
Developing solutions to address over regulation, labor shortages, lot availability, and the future of affordable homes for all is the foundation on which the HBAV builds strong relationships. From policy framework to regulation demolition we are here to restore civility to a painstakingly legal process and we’ve been doing so for over 60 years!
Our 3-in-1- membership structure (local, state, and national representation) guarantees you a political voice to help your business and homeowners flourish. More importantly, we provide a variety of return-on-your-dues benefits and programs that’ll easily cover the cost of your membership.
If you want:
- To increase your bottom line
- To effect positive change in your local communities and beyond
- To feel confident about your efforts in creating a sustainable work environment
- To be recognized as an industry leader
Then consider membership with us today. Over 3,000 builders, associates, and affiliates have already done so.
YOUR MEMBERSHIP WITH HBAV:
We believe that builders and homeowners should have the resources they need and the rights they deserve to achieve their dreams, and we here at HBAV have been working hard to guarantee that since 1956.
Being a part of HBAV guarantees that you are an active participant in improving the Virginia housing industry, saving builders & homeowners tens of thousands each year in improved laws and regulations. Doing good while making a profit? That’s right — you can have both.
With Builder, Associate, & Affiliate memberships available, HBAV has something to offer anyone in or involved with the home building industry.
What You’ll Get with Your Membership
- Access to the latest industry related news and information on the ever-changing regulatory and legislative environment.
- Complimentary use of Member Hotline – your one-stop shop for legal, building code, and construction safety questions. Insider news and regulatory updates on issues affecting the Virginia housing industry
- Real, return-on-your-dues affinity programs, including a hassle-free rebate program, continuing education discounts, exclusive business insurance services, small business coaching & consulting opportunities.
What Opportunities You Have With Your Membership
- Direct participation in pro-housing advocacy efforts See our successes
- Business, networking, & leadership opportunities through a variety of professional, educational, and social events See HBAV events list
- Increased credibility & visibility for consumers
Cost Per Year – $162.50
YOUR MEMBERSHIP WITH A LOCAL ASSOCIATION
15 local associations throughout the state serve as entry points to our 3-in-1 membership structure, providing the benefits of membership at the community level. While the programs and services provided vary by local, here’s a general snapshot:
What You’ll Get With Your Membership (varying by local)
- Eligibility to participate in Parade of Homes, Home Expos, & other professional events (including, for some, additional discounts and incentives)
- Discounts on continuing education
- Listing in consumer-facing membership directories and publications
- Direct participation in advocacy efforts at the local level
- Leadership, networking, and lead generation opportunities through local events
- Increased visibility and credibility under the local brand
Cost Per Year – Varies by local (to be combined with state & national dues)
- To find your local association listing, click here. If there is not a local in your area, Member-At-Large memberships are available!
YOUR MEMBERSHIP WITH THE NAHB
NAHB strives to protect the American Dream of housing opportunities for all, while working to achieve professional success for its members who build communities, create jobs, and strengthen our economy.
- A federation of more than 700 state and local associations, NAHB represents more than 140,000 members. About 1/3 are home builders and remodelers. The rest work in closely related specialties such as sales and marketing, housing finance, and manufacturing and supplying building materials.
- What You Get With Your Membership
- Deep discounts on vehicles, shpping cell phone plans, computers, car rentals, office supplies, and more through the NAHB Member Advantage program
- Online course discounts and other ways to save on continuing education
- NAHB Designations training
- Access to building code liaisons
- Discounts on building industry education, training products, and market reports
- What Opportunities You’ll Have with Your Membership
– Being on the front lines defending housing and home ownership at the national level (see recent wins).
– Invaluable networking opportunities (clubs, local receptions, monthly membership meetings, trade shows, and the – International Builders’ Show)
– Leadership development opportunities (a variety of specialized committees and councils).
– Recognition opportunities (NAHB Awards Programs)
Cost Per Year
$196 (NAHB cost only, to be combined with state & local dues)
Kathy Harley, email@example.com
Director of Administration & Finance
KEYSTONE CLUB MARKETING AND SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Learn more about marketing and sponsorship opportunities with The Home Builders Association of Virginia (HBAV). View our 2018 Keystone Club levels and benefits here.
Without HBAV Government Affairs program, builders and developers would have no protection from overburdensome legislation and regulation. HBAV allows me the opportunity to operate a successful business in Virginia.
I get the most out of the HBAV networking and leadership opportunities. Whether it's networking events at my local association, attending the HBAV Annual Conference, or NAHB International Builders Show.